Address: S. N. 398-400, Next to CRPF Campus, Pune-Mumbai Highway, Talegaon Dabhade, Tal. Maval, Dist. Pune - 410506 India
The Institute is controlled by Governing Council, of which the Hon'ble Minister for Agriculture and Marketing, Maharashtra State and Chairman, Maharashtra State Agricultural Marketing Board, Pune is the President. The Center has been setup in financial and technical collaboration with the Netherlands Development Finance Company (FMO), a Govt. of Netherlands enterprise and the Practical Training Center Plus (PTC+) of the Netherlands (formerly IPC), respectively.
NIPHT imparts practical training in all subjects from crop production to marketing of produce, with a training concept of “LEARNING BY DOING” in protected and open-field cultivation of flowers, vegetables, and fruits. The participants are trained in small groups at our in-house ultra modern facility. The experts and trainees together form a network of knowledge, where not just transfer of knowledge takes place, but new knowledge is developed. The one week (5 day) residential practical training courses offered presently at the Center are:
• General Greenhouse Management
• Automation in Protected Cultivation
• Open Field Cultivation of Flowers, Fillers and Greens
• Plant Propagation and Nursery Management
• Rose Cultivation
• Gerbera and Carnation Cultivation
• Orchid and Anthurium Cultivation
• Open Field Cultivation of Exotic Vegetables
• Open Field Cultivation of Fruits Crops
• Open Field Cultivation of Vegetables Crops
• Marketing of Horticulture Produce.
• Organic Farming
• Dry Flower and Plant Part