Address: Indian Agricultural Research Institute (IARI) (Pusa Institute), Delhi, India
The institute was originally established in 1905 at Pusa, Bihar, as Agricultural Research Institute (ARI), which was changed to Imperial Institute of Agricultural Research in 1911 and then again in 1919 as the Imperial Agricultural Research Institute. with the financial assistance of an American Philanthropist, Henry Phipps, Jr.. Phipps was a family friend of Lady Curzon, who was the daughter of American millionaire and wife of Lord Curzon, the Viceroy of India
Basic, strategic and anticipatory research in field and horticultural crops for enhanced productivity and quality.
Research in frontier areas to develop resource use efficient integrated crop management technologies for sustainable agricultural production system.
Serve as centre for academic excellence in the areas of post-graduate and human resources development in agricultural science.
Provide national leadership in agricultural research, education, extension and technology assessment and transfer by developing new concepts and approaches and serving as a national referral point for quality and standards.
Schools at IARI :
School of Crop Improvement
School of Plant Protection
School of Basic Sciences
School of Natural Resource Management
School of Social Sciences
School of Horticultural Science