Andhra Bank is pioneer in introducing many innovative Rural Development measures since its inception. Andhra Bank Rural Development Trust (ABRDT) has been established to extend rural service beyond basic banking. The Trust was established with a rationale of Complementing the financial assistance provided by the Bank to rural people with technical assistance and livelihood enhancement.
- Take up various rural development measures which will eventually help in reducing the migration of rural people to urban areas.
- Carrying out various rural development activities designed for the purpose through the vast net work of Bank branches.
The objectives envisaged for the Trust are—
Click to check more details
- To extend credit plus services to rural population.
- To educate and assist the farming community in agricultural improvement.
- To generate self employment opportunities in rural areas.
- To develop entrepreneurial abilities in rural unemployed youth.
- To organize human health and cattle health camps in rural areas.
- To organize Farmers Clubs, Youth Clubs and Children Clubs in rural areas.
- To promote education in rural areas by providing teaching aids to schools and to assist in adult education programs.
- To assist establishment of non-conventional sources of energy.
- To achieve sustainable rural development in its operational area.